This award is given in honor of the late Andrea Scott, a dedicated international education colleague, and Senior Product Champion at IELTS USA. Andrea was an innovative higher education professional serving for many years as the Director of Admissions at the Graduate School at the University of Minnesota. Outside of her work, Andrea was active in her community, dedicating her time to bringing together those impacted by the justice system for artistic collaboration, mutual learning, and growth through the Prison Creative Arts Project.
Scholarship recipients will share Andrea’s inspiring commitment to international education, her passion for globalization, creative arts, and equal rights initiatives.
$5,000 (payable in U.S. dollars only) annual tuition scholarship renewable for 3 years pending good academic standing
May 2, 2022
June 30, 2022
- Applicants must have a valid IELTS Academic score within the last 2 years (by time of application deadline).
- Applicants must be admitted to an accredited U.S. college or university for a Fall 2022 start term.
- Applicants must be admitted and enroll in a Masters or Doctoral level program.
- Applicants must qualify as an international student (hold at least one passport from a country other than the U.S.)
- Applicants must be studying one of the following areas:
- Social justice,
- Criminal justice reform,
- Women’s rights/Women’s studies
- Creative arts
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Educational access and equity,
- International studies or International policy
- Higher Education Leadership
The selection committee will evaluate applications based on the following three criteria:
- Demonstrated preparation of English proficiency relevant for graduate studies
- Demonstrated personal or professional commitment to at least one of the areas interest listed above
- Demonstrate a strong academic profile
*The Eligibility, Selection Criteria and other award details are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Andrea Scott Scholarship Award Agreement*
Please email email@example.com
IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, and Cambridge Assessment English.